Are you looking for an opportunity that combines your attention to detail, ability to learn quickly and love for working on something different all the time?
Affinity Welding & Design is an established growing company that specializes in custom fabricated structural steel products and is looking immediately to hire a Welder-Fitter who is passionate about welding and fitting and enjoys working as part of a team. While this position is mainly involving shop work, there are times when we require our employees to work in the field.
The successful candidate will:
- Operate metal fabrication equipment in compliance with company operating procedures
- Using welding processes such as gas metal (GMAW), flux-cored (MCAW), and shielded metal (SMAW)
- Read and interpret blue prints and welding process specifications
- Have experience working with shop tools and machinery
- Participate in workplace safety, environmentally sound and healthy behaviors and objectives at all times
- Work in accordance with Affinity Welding & Design’s Health and Safety Policy and best practices
- CWB Certified with experience in the industry
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints and welding process specifications
- Thorough understanding of tool design and fabrication methods and processes
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes,
- Working knowledge of rework process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals and MSDS labels
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day
- Proven ability to complete repairs/service within established time guidelines in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with own mode of transportation
Please apply with your resume by email to email@example.com. Please confirm that you have a valid driver’s licence and if you have current welding tickets.